YIELDS 40 SERVINGS
- 6 cups of water
- 2 quarts of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (6 oz) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 2 (2 liter) bottles chilled lemon-lime sodaDIRECTIONS:
- Mix water, sugar, and gelatin mix in a large saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook at a boil, whisking frequently, until gelatin and sugar have dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice into gelatin mixture and transfer into resealable plastic bags. Place in freezer until slushy, about 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into a large punch bowl and stir in lemon-lime soda; float a black plastic witch hat atop the punch.To add an extra spooky effect, make a frozen hand by washing a disposable glove, fill with water, seal with a rubber band and freeze until hard. Once frozen, dip the hand briefly in warm water, then peel off the glove. Float the prepared hand in the punch bowl for a ghastly effect!credit to http://allrecipes.com
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
green gel food colouring (I used this product)
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, and cream cheese until smooth. Blend in sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract until well combined.
2. In another bowl mix together flour and salt. Add to butter mixture stirring until soft dough forms. Add green food colouring until desired colour is met. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill about an hour in the fridge until firm.
3. The dough is very soft so you must chill it to prevent it from becoming sticky. Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Form dough into witch finger shapes (about 1/2” thick) and place onto baking sheet. Press an almond into each for the nail and add any extra details.
5. Bake cookies 10 minutes until just golden brown on the bottom. Let firm up on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Place chocolate chips into a sandwich bag and microwave until melted. Cut the corner off and then pipe “cuticles” onto each cookie. Let chocolate set then serve & enjoy!
Makes about 40 cookies. Happy Halloween Everyone!